On the blog this monthThis month I reviewed a total of 11 books!
- Review: The Beast of Callaire by Saruuh Kelsey (1.5 stars)
- Review: Coda by Emma Trevayne (4.5 stars)
- Review: Seven Second Delay by Tom Easton (4 stars)
- Review: Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (5 stars)
- Review: Tides by Betsy Cornwell (4 stars)
- Review: The City's Son by Tom Pollock (4 stars)
- Review: Shadowplay by Laura Lam (4 stars)
- Review: Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz (3.5 stars)
- Review: The Glass Republic by Tom Pollock (5 stars)
- Review: The Geography of You and Me (3 stars)
- Review: Blue by Lisa Glass (3 stars)
Best of the bunch? That would probably have to be The Glass Republic by Tom Pollock! It was an intense and riveting sequel to The City's Son, and I loved Pen as the protagonist so much.
Of these, 6 were books I'd classify as LGBTQ. That's The Beast of Callaire (lesbian MC, bisexual love interest), Coda (bisexual MC), Tides (a relationship between two ladies that's not the central romance but a major focus nonetheless), Shadowplay (intersex genderfluid bisexual MC), Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (gay MCs), and The Glass Republic (female MC who likes girls – not entirely sure if she would identify as lesbian or bisexual). Blue had a minor gay character whose storyline was a pretty good side plot, but it was not major enough that I'd put it in my LGBTQ tag.
I also posted my first ever discussion post!
And I participated in Armchair BEA!
- Day 1: Introduction & Literature
- Day 2: Author Interaction & More Than Just Words
- Day 3: Novellas/Short Stories
- Day 4: Beyond the Borders & Giveaway
- Day 5: Middle Grade/Young Adult
Oh, and I started participating in the Sunday Post meme and posting my book hauls every Sunday. Including this post, I made 23 posts this month! That's 90% more posts than last month. o:
Coming up next month
June is Mental Health Awareness Month, hosted by Ula @ Blog of Erised and Leah @ Uncorked Thoughts. (It's not too late to sign up if you haven't already! Sign-ups are open for one more day.) I currently have a list of six books to read for this event.
Crazy by Amy Reed
I Don't Want to be Crazy by Samantha Schutz
Amy & Matthew by Cammie McGovern
A Voice in the Distance by Tabitha Suzuma
Dr Bird's Advice for Sad Poets by Evan Roskos
These Gentle Wounds by Helene Dunbar
I may add to this list, but I have a lot of other things on my TBR too! The rest of my TBR is probably constantly shifting, so I won't put it here.
What was your favourite book that you read this month? (: