The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
On the blog this week
- Review: The Geography of You and Me (3 stars)
- Review: Blue by Lisa Glass (3 stars)
- Monthly Wrap-Up: May 2014
- Day 1: Introduction & Literature
- Day 2: Author Interaction & More Than Just Words
- Day 3: Novellas/Short Stories
- Day 4: Beyond the Borders & Giveaway
- Day 5: Middle Grade/Young Adult
And I don't know if you've noticed, but I made a custom favicon for my blog! You see this adorable little fella? He will pop up in your tab now whenever you visit my blog! Yay! (:
Elsewhere on the Internet
- Miranda @ Tempest Books wants to know what you think of the use of swear words in blog posts and book reviews!
- Mariko @ The Storybook Kingdom discusses alternating points of view in books.
- Here's a list of LGBTQ fantasy book recs compiled by Tumblr user perplexingly. There is a heartening number of a books! (: I will have to find some time to peruse this list in detail myself.
- Today is the start of Mental Health Awareness month, hosted by Leah @ Uncorked Thoughts and Ula @ Blog of Erised! Go check out the intro post. There are giveaways and lots of other stuff happening over the month.
- Do go check out other Armchair BEA posts! Lots and lots of giveaways happening.
- @HazelStayBookish, @RosieOverstreet, and @WhatSheReads have started a #30daysofbookstagrams challenge for the month of June! I got an Instagram account for the purpose of joining this challenge, so come add me if you've got Instagram. (:
This week's book haul
Blue by Lisa Glass: Won this through Goodreads First Reads, already read and reviewed! Surfing just isn't my thing, it seems.
I Don't Want to be Crazy by Samantha Schutz: Verse memoir of the author's college years and beyond as she suffers from worsening anxiety. Bought this for Mental Health Awareness Month. WHICH IS NOW THIS MONTH! o:
I went a little wild and bought like three books on Kindle in about ten minutes last Sunday night when I got wayyyy too bored of writing my essay.
The Beautiful and the Cursed by Page Morgan: Gargoyles! Its sequel, The Lovely and the Lost, came out in May, so after seeing rave reviews for the sequel I decided that the first book would be a safe buy. Here's to hoping I like it.
The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski: Hype hype hype hypity hype. Yeah. I caved and bought this. It was only £1.99 on Kindle, who am I to resist?
Crazy by Amy Reed: Bought this one for Mental Health Awareness Month. This is epistolary (well, not letters but e-mails), and it's about a girl with bipolar disorder. I read the first couple of e-mails and I'm in love with the voice already. I love the cover as well! All of Amy Reed's book covers are so nice.
That's it from me this week! I've gained lots of new followers this week, and I'd love to get to know you guys better. If you wanna have a chat, just leave a comment: tell me a little bit about yourself, about your week, what you've been reading, your book hauls, and anything else you wanna talk about. (:
Feel free to link me to your book hauls/weekly recaps!